Feefo operates a vibrant and dynamic team and offers a collaborative work environment, with a strong culture of developing leading solutions using new technology. The role of UI Developer is within our core Software Development team that consists of three areas; API development, UI development (this role) and quality assurance. Tasks will be varied and will contribute to both new feature development and modules within the Feefo platform, as well as bug fixing and smaller enhancements to existing functionality, by developing the web-based user interface for our consumer and merchant facing web applications.
- Implement UI designs for new functional requirements using common web frameworks, integrating with public and private RESTful APIs;
- Writing unit tests;
- Writing technical documentation, both as inline code comments and as knowledge sharing documents for use by peers;
- Work on break/fix work items that have been escalated from our Customer Support and Technical Support teams for Level 3 support.
- At least two years of commercial experience in front end web development.
- Development in web-based frameworks to implement UI designs while integrating with server-side RESTful APIs.
- Using CSS preprocessors such as LESS/SASS.
- Goal focused with commitment to meet targets.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to work collaboratively within the team and extended team (e.g. UI developers, QA engineers) and alongside other stakeholders.
- A thirst for knowledge and desire to implement development best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline.
- Software development of a product/service provided as SaaS.
- Development on highly-scalable, highly-available applications with large datasets.
- Working in an Agile team.
- Using front end testing utilities such as Karma/Jasmine.
- Working with Component-Based architecture.
- Working with databases, both relational/SQL and No-SQL.
- Working with ES6+
What do you get out of it?
- Private Healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Additional paid x2 days holiday for volunteering (charity work)
- Onsite exercise classes
- Eyecare vouchers
- Pension scheme