Unlocking the secrets of business success isn’t as hard as you think – it starts by listening to your customers. Feefo gives its 3,700 clients access to technology and support that allows them to connect directly with their customers at any point of the journey, giving a clear and accurate view of their business, through the customer lens. Feefo’s famous star ratings system boosted by a range of insight tools help thousands of businesses discover how they can improve, grow and what makes them special to their audiences.
Feefo is growing rapidly and we have a dynamic group of ambitious and entrepreneurial people based in our main office in Petersfield who enjoy the unique culture and rurul setting. Feefo also has offices in central London, Boston and Sydney.
Summary of Position
As a result of rapid growth we are now looking for a Sales Director with a solid digital background to manage the sales function of the business. In this critical role, you will drive the commercial results by growing new business, applying focussed growth efforts to existing clients and seeking out new business verticals to develop. The successful candidate will have developed their career via the sales route, potentially a highly successful sales professional who has made an effective transition to Sales Manager leading and motivating an acquisitions-focussed team.
You will lead a team of approx. 30 people based in Petersfield (main office) and central London.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership and strategic direction of the sales function, in order to achieve aggressive growth and profitability targets as set out in the business plan.
- Oversee and manage a team of new business Sales and client development personnel based in Petersfield and London offices.
- Take ownership of the Feefo partner programme, identifying new revenue channels and alliance partners and prioritising opportunities.
- Accurately forecast future sales on a rolling forecast basis and take action where necessary to close anticipated revenue gaps.
- Set annual targets and agree sales commission plan, working closely with CEO, CFO and CMO to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Work closely with supporting group management functions to ensure a smooth and cohesive collaboration with the sales function. In particular partner with the marketing function to run joint campaigns and initiatives to onboard new customers, reduce churn and upsell new products and features.
- Line management duties including recruiting, objective setting, appraisals and performance management.
- Attend key prospect meetings, provide continual coaching and feedback to wider sales team.
- Provide management reporting on all Sales KPIs on a weekly basis or as required.
- Run regular Sales floor incentives and initiatives in order to maintain required activity levels (dials, meetings) and maintain motivation levels across Sales team.
The ideal candidate will be
- Highly numerate
- Results driven with a continuous mind-set to improve
- Always striving for the best customer experience
- Truly pro-active, analytical and pragmatic in approach
- Takes personal responsibility for actions and results
- Committed, agile, innovative and driven to think outside of the box
- Flexible, accurate and hardworking, able to cope with a fast moving, changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, comfortable communicating at all levels internally and externally
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables in a vibrant and fast-paced environment
- Approachable and fun to work with, collaborative in work style
- Experience running commercial teams that serve the B2B or B2B2C market for both new business and client growth
- SaaS experience (full understanding of how to monetise/optimise a SaaS business model)
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) experience would be an advantage
- Proven ability to manage teams of over 20 people, creating loyalty, trust and ROI for the business
- Strong P&L, cost centre management and budget management responsibility
- Demonstratable experience of writing commercial contracts and proposals to a high standard
- Experience of setting pricing floors and guidelines
- Experience of dealing with multi-layer ecosystem where channel partnering is a key component of company revenue and growth
What do you get out of it?
- Private Healthcare
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday
- Additional paid x2 days holiday for volunteering (charity work)
- Onsite exercise classes
- Eyecare vouchers
- Pension scheme
We prefer incredible talent to enquire about roles directly – because of this, we do not accept candidates through agencies.